Healthcare Property Use Classes

Healthcare properties just like any other category are subject to use classes. Our category information guide will make attributing use classes to the correct type of commercial healthcare property really easy, so read on.

Commercial healthcare property use classifications

Healthcare properties are one of the most widely classes categories, ranging from research and development labs to secure residential institutions and retail premises. We are going to go through the typical use classes that can be assigned to healthcare properties and which class they typically are.

Research and development labs used for medical based research are one of the most unique properties in the healthcare category. A research or development laboratory would be typically classified under the use class of B1, which is for Research and Development Labs.

Nursing homes, residential institutions and any care based facility like a rehab clinic would come under the use class of C2.

If a residential institution is a secure institution like a secure medical facility or a mental institute then the use class would fall under C2A, which is for secure residential institutions.

A use class of D1, which classifies non residential institutions would cover properties, such as medical health centre and services like alternative medicine treatments centres, sports therapy centres, dentists and anything else medical related that doesn’t involve live-in patients or clients.

Finally for medical shops and stores, a use class of A1 would be applicable, which covers retail properties and shops. Examples of the A1 healthcare property include a chemist and a pharmacy.

Previous Article
Buying a Healthcare Property


Registering with MOVEHUT is easy, simply visit out sign up page.